Sweet Tea Time Bun Rounds
- BAKE: 15m
- SERVES: 16
MAKING BY HAND
- Place the water, sugar, vegetable oil and bread mix into a bowl and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
- Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the sultans and chopped nuts and mix well into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 16 portions and roll into buns.
- Take 2 greased and lined 20cm sandwich tins.
- Place 8 buns in each tin
- Cover with polythene and place in a warm place for about 40-50 minutes or until double in size.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven 190°C (375°F) gas mark 6 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
Hi there, yesterday I bought a packet of your Mixed Grain for bread machines & I thought it was so good I decided to drop you a line to say so. Being a 62 years old it reminded me of bread we used to eat when I was a young boy, I will certainly be buying this mix again & trying some of your other mixes, keep up the good work.Barry Tomlinson
Keep your dough covered at all times to prevent skinning. Keep your tea time cake rounds under a damp cloth, loose clingfilm or in a polythene bag whilst proving. This will ensure best results for your baking.