Rum & Raisin Bundt Cake
- BAKE: 40 - 45 minutes
- SERVES: 12
Recipes : Wright’s Flour
1. Place the raisins and the rum for the cake into a bowl and soak overnight.2. Butter the inside of a bundt tin well and lightly dust with flour, tipping out the excess.
3. Place the water, oil and cake mix into a bowl and mix together to form a smooth batter.
4. Add the soaked raisins and mix well.
5. Pour mix into the bundt tin.
6. Bake in a lower half of a preheated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3) for approximately 40-45 minutes.
7. Remove from the tin after 5 minutes and cool on a wire tray.
8. Place the sugar, butter and rum into a small pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil.
9. Turn down the heat and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until the glaze has thickened slightly and appears shiny. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins.
10. Transfer the cake onto a plate and brush the glaze all over the cake.
"Hi I always make your bread, which we love, but thought I'd try your carrot cake. Absolutely superb, lovely texture. Must try the other cakes. Thanks"John Salmon
This is a clever cake for Christmas with the most gorgeous of glazes. Yes of course you can dress it up a little more with a drizzle of icing, dredge of icing sugar or festive cake decorations if desired. Deb the Bread