Rum & Raisin Bundt Cake
- BAKE: 40 - 45 minutes
- SERVES: 12
Recipes : Wright’s Flour
3. Place the water, oil and cake mix into a bowl and mix together to form a smooth batter.
4. Add the soaked raisins and mix well.
5. Pour mix into the bundt tin.
6. Bake in a lower half of a preheated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3) for approximately 40-45 minutes.
7. Remove from the tin after 5 minutes and cool on a wire tray.
8. Place the sugar, butter and rum into a small pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil.
9. Turn down the heat and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until the glaze has thickened slightly and appears shiny. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins.
10. Transfer the cake onto a plate and brush the glaze all over the cake.
Thank you very much for sending me another Calendar. I am pleased to receive it as it gives me some ideas as to what to make with the cake and bread mixes I purchase. They are so easy to use and the instructions are very clear. Many thanks again.Maureen Hillsdon
This is a clever cake for Christmas with the most gorgeous of glazes. Yes of course you can dress it up a little more with a drizzle of icing, dredge of icing sugar or festive cake decorations if desired. Deb the Bread