- BAKE: 25m
- SERVES: 7
Method (Makes 1 unit – 7 portions)
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Place in a saucepan with the lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Strain the apples and leave to cool.
- Place the bread mix and butter into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the clotted cream and milk and bring the mix together to form a dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
- Roll out into a rectangle and about 18x30cm (7-12 inches).
- Spoon the cooled apple filling onto the dough.
- Roll up tightly from the longer edge, like a Swiss roll.
- Cut into 7 even slices.
- Place into an 18-20cm (7-8 inches) round tin greased with butter and lined.
- Sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F) gas mark 6 or 25 minutes until golden brown in colour.
“Hello Deb, Thanks for the advice. I'll try it soon. I do love a good carrot cake. As for they letters Ebayers use them when leaving feedback about transactions - W D B A means Would (or in my case Will) Do Business Again. I prefer your version - Wrights Dough Bakes Awesomely! Best Regards, ”Valerie Budge
Extra clotted cream can be used to serve with this delightful Apple Dappy.