Apple & Pecan Ginger Cake
- BAKE: 60m
- SERVES: 12
Method (Makes 1 round – 12 portions)
1. Line and grease the inside of a deep cake tin (approx. 17.5cm in diameter).
2. Place the cake mix, water, oil and stem ginger syrup into a bowl and mix together to form a smooth batter.
3. Reserve some of the apple, pecans and stem ginger for the topping.
4. Add the remaining apple, pecan and stem ginger to the batter mix and blend in well.
5. Pour into the cake tin.
6. Sprinkle over the reserved apple, pecan and ginger pieces.
7. Bake in a lower half of a preheated oven 170°C (340°F, Gas Mark 3-4) for approximately 60-65 minutes.
8. Remove from the tin after 5 minutes and cool on a wire tray.
“I absolutely love wrights cake mixes they are so easy to make, I play around with them by adding other ingredients. I've made them in loaf tins, tray bakes, muffins, everybody who had tasted them loves them and can not believe they are made from a cake mix. Looking forward to trying the orange cake mix.”Pauline Patey
When I asked the team for their thoughts on this, we all agreed it was awesomely autumnal, lovely to enjoy after a Sunday afternoon walk. I asked what they would serve it with; ice cream, cream or custard - "all three" they greedily said!