- BAKE: 60m
- SERVES: 12
METHOD (Makes 1 cake – 12 portions)
1. Place the cake mix, water and Greek yoghurt into a bowl.
2. Mix together to form a smooth batter.
3. Add the mashed bananas and chopped pecans and mix well.
4. Pour into a well greased or pre-lined (2lb) loaf tin.
5. Bake in a lower half of a preheated oven 170°C (340°F, Gas Mark 3-4) for approximately 55-60 minutes.
6. Remove from tin after 5 minutes and cool on a wire tray.
7. Place the toffees into saucepan with the double cream.
8. Gently heat till the toffee has melted into a smooth sauce.
9. Drizzle over the cake and sprinkle with the chopped pecans as per illustration.
“Dear Deb, I was married 60 years ago so you can tell I have been baking a long time. I have never liked using cake mixes but some months ago I bought one of your bread mixes thinking it would be handy to have in my store cupboard. I was very impressed so when I saw the Ginger Cake mix I thought I would give it a try and I must say I love it. I put a little lemon icing on top. Now my local Morrisons have started stocking the 3 cake mixes so I bought all three. Chocolate cake - bootiful - Next week the Toffee one which I am sure is going to be delicious and so easy. Congratulations on being so clever and thank you. ”Pamela Appleby
Long awaited for and much requested recipe - we are often asked what recipes call for over ripe bananas - this is the one! Deb the Bread