Cheese and Courgette Scones
- SERVES: 35
Method (makes 36-40 pieces)
1) Squeeze the grated courgette in some kitchen paper and discard the liquid.
2) Place the scone mix, mustard, grated cheese, grated courgette and water into a mixing bowl.
3) Mix together to form a dough.
4) Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
5) Use a small cutter (4.5cm) to cut out 35 pieces approx. lay them on 2-3 non-stick baking trays.
6) Brush the top of the scones and lay a single piece of parsley leaf onto the middle.
7) Bake in a preheated oven of 220°C, (430°F) or gas mark 7 for 10 minutes.
Haven't made scones for ages as they're always a bit hit 'n miss. My sister and I always meet up in a lovely little café for a coffee and one of their delicious date and walnut scones, I will try to make my own version now the "Wright Stuff" is available!Edith Tanner
These are delightful little cocktail party sized scones. You can cut them larger if desired but bake them for 3 - 5 minutes longer. Deb the Bread