Jam Roly Poly
- BAKE: 60m
- SERVES: 6
(Makes 1 pudding – serves 6 portions)
1. Tear a large sheet of foil and greaseproof paper abou t45x45cm (18×18 inches) and sit the greaseproof paper on top of the foil, on a baking sheet.
2. Grease the greaseproof paper with butter.
3. Place the bread mix in a bowl and rub in the butter.
4. Add the suet and mix well and then make a well in the middle of the mix.
5. Add most of the milk and work together to form a slightly sticky dough using the rest of the milk if required.
6. Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to a square roughly measuring 35x35cm (14×14 inches).
7. Spread the jam onto the dough, leaving a 1cm (1/2 inch) gap along one edge.
8. Roll up from the opposite edge into a fairly tight roll and pinch the jam free edge into the dough.
9. Carefully lift the jam roly poly onto the greased paper with the joint side down.
10. Loosely bring up the paper and foil around the jam roly poly and scrunch together the edges and end to seal it.
11. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 50-60 minutes until golden brown in colour and baked through.
“Just want to thank you for creating the best bread mix on the market! I've been using your Mixed Grain Bread Mix for quite some time, but because of illness didn't have time to buy in a supply before Christmas. I've just baked my first loaf of 2013 this afternoon, and want you to know that it beats every ready-baked product I used for convenience over Christmas. I do it the old-fashioned way - by hand - and the comfort of that, and the wonderful aroma in the kitchen this New Year afternoon was so worth waiting for. THANKYOU & HAPPY NEW YEAR from ”Maggie Barnes
Deliciously rustic - this very different jam roly is a "Wright" winner!