- PREP: 20 mins
- BAKE: 20 mins
- SERVES: 12
1. Mix all the ingredients under cake to form a smooth batter, for 1-2 minutes.
2. Line a standard 12 hole muffin tray tin with muffin cases.
3. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
4. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 20-22 minutes until firm to the touch.
5. While the cakes are cooling, lets create that gorgeous ganache. Sift the cocoa powder and icing sugar into a bowl (preferably a cooled metal bowl). Stir the cream & 50ml of Kahlua through until the powder begins to dissolve. Using a blender or a whisk, whip the ingredients together until it thickens to form stiff peaks (about 4-5 minutes).
6. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
7. Once the cakes have completely cooled, evenly cover the top with the ganache. Cover the entire cakes (sides and top) with the remaining frosting until completely covered.
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for your impeccable service to me. It really means a lot. I will most definitely be placing more online orders with you for various mixes. Kind regards,Harmy
These Kahlua Cupcakes are a perfect dessert idea for those of you who love a good chocolate & coffee combo. These have a rich & decadent chocolate & coffee flavour - enhanced with Kahlua.