- PREP: 55 minutes
- BAKE: 25 minute
- SERVES: 8
- Finely slice the onion and soften in a pan using 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Allow to cool.
- Place the water and bread mix into a bowl and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- Press the dough into a greased “Swiss roll” tin measuring 30x20cm.
- Spread the pesto over the dough.
- Sprinkle over the sliced onion.
- Lay the anchovy fillets over the pesto in a diamond shaped pattern.
- Place an olive in the centre of each diamond.
- Cover with a clean, damp tea-towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and prove in a warm place for 30-40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C, 420°F, gas mark 7 for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing.
Hello, I am writing to you to commend your mixes. I always recommend your mixes to anyone I see at the flour isle in shops. We also use the Cheddar & Sundried Tomato mix sliced length ways as a very tasty pizza base, we also use your cake mixes and the Mixed Grain. We use a bread machine, we recently purchased a new one as we wore the old one out. When we first started making bread we did try a few different mixes but then we discovered yours and have never looked back. We make 3-4 loaves a week as it is so tasty it’s addictive! The only downside is that the bread has such a rise that the slices don't fit all the way into my toaster - ha ha. Keep up the good work and I look forward to using your products for many years to come. With regards and many thanks,Mrs. Harris
This tasty bread is welcoming when served hot with a Mediterranean dish. It is also excellent when cold, cut into cubes for parties - stick a cocktail stick in a cube and a further olive on the top. Deb the Bread