- BAKE: 50 - 60 minutes
- SERVES: 30
Recipes : Wright’s Flour
1. Place the cake mix, water and oil into a bowl and mix to form a smooth batter beating for 1-2 minutes.
2. Place into a lined loaf tin.
3. Bake in a lower half of a preheated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3) for approximately 55-60 minutes.
4. Allow to cool completely before using.
5. Crumble the cake either by rubbing with your hands or using a food processor.
6. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the butter and beat until smooth and creamy for about 4-5 minutes with an electric whisk or machine.
7. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and beat into the buttercream.
8. Add the chocolate buttercream and rum to the cake crumbs and mix well till evenly combined.
9. Squeeze a tablespoon of the mixture together and form a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
10. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
11. To decorate, dip each rum truffle into the chocolate vermicelli and gently tap to remove any excess.
12. Place into petit four cases.
I just thought I would send you this quick email to let you know how happy I am with your products. I went in to my local supermarket and saw your chocolate fudge cake mix and I signed up to your lovely website and got my pack though the post with the 30p off coupon. I thought I would give it a try as me and my children love to bake, it was so easy and quick to make and the best of it was we all loved it! It was so nice to get a product that comes out like it should, I even gave some to my family and friends to try and they all said that they are going to go out and buy some so if there are any new products that are coming out that we can try please can you let me know? Thank you very much for your hard work at getting a great product so right.Jeanette Williams
A "Wright" good gift idea for Father's Day, Easter, Birthday or Christmas. Deb the Bread