Sticky Toffee Pudding
- BAKE: 35m
- SERVES: 10
Method (Makes 1 pudding – Serves 8/10)
1. Place the dates into a bowl and add the boiling water and allow to cool.
2. Either using a hand blender or food processor, blend the date mixture into a puree.
3. Place the cake mix, vegetable oil, cold water and the date mixture into a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
4. Pour the pudding mixture into a well greased square baking dish around 22cm (9 inches).
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 30-35 minutes until golden in colour and firm to the touch.
6. Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a heavy based saucepan, heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until it turns into a rich brown colour.
7. Serve drizzled over the sticky toffee pudding.
“Just tried the Banana, Chocolate and a coconut flavour, and as i am a cake o holic! they are fab!!! Thanks.”Debbie Lloyd
Now we are really spoiling you with this recipe! A most superb sticky toffee sauce made almost as easily as this toffee infused cake!