Toffee Cake Pops
- BAKE: 55-60 minutes
- SERVES: 30
1. Place the cake mix, water and oil into a bowl and mix to form a smooth batter beating for 1-2 minutes.
2. Place into a lined loaf tin.
3. Bake in a lower half of a pre-heated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3-4) for approximately 55-60 minutes.
4. Allow to cool completely before using.
5. Crumble the cake either by rubbing with your hands or using a food processor.
6. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the butter and beat until smooth and creamy for about 4-5 minutes with and electric whisk or machine.
7. Add the buttercream to the cake crumbs and mix well till evenly combined.
8. Squeeze a tablespoon of the mixture together and form a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture until all used up.
9. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
10. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over simmering water, then add the oil and mix well.
11. Dip the end of a lolly stick into the chocolate to cover about 2cm (¾”) then insert into a cake ball. Repeat with the remaining sticks, melted chocolate and cake balls.
12. Place into the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
13. To decorate, dip each cake pop into the chocolate and gently tap to remove the excess chocolate.
14. Sprinkle with the decoration and insert cake pops into a polystyrene block or something similar to keep them upright until set.
Hi, just wanted to add my high praise to your wonderful cake mixes.....they are FAB! So quick and easy to make and guaranteed scrummy results every time. Thanks for your excellent products.Julie
Its the new way of eating cake and presentation can be an easily achieved wow factor - you will never know how effortless these are until you have a go! Deb the Bread