Toffee Cake with Salted Caramel Icing
- BAKE: 55-60 minutes
- SERVES: 12
- Place the cake mix, water and oil into a bowl. Mix together to form a smooth batter.
- Pour into a well greased pre-lined loaf tin.
- Bake in a lower half of a pre-heated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3) for approximately 55-60 minutes until golden brown and baked through.
- Remove from tin after 5 minutes and allow to cool completely on a wire tray.
- Place the butter, soft brown sugar and salt into small pan and gently heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the milk and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and sift in the icing sugar. Beat until smooth and spread over the cake with a pallet knife.
I thought I would send you an email to say thank you so much for creating these wonderful cake mixes, my family & I are hooked, we're going to try them all. Good value for money ! For my son's birthday, I bought a 500g packet of Toffee Cake mix and made 36 cupcakes, I had a little toffee mix left over so I mixed with some icing sugar and made a great toffee icing and finally decorated them with all sorts of toppings - they turned out a treat! The kids loved them and the adults did too. Big thanks to you all.Nicoletta Lombardo
You only need five ingredients to make this easy homemade salted caramel sauce recipe. It is the best I have come across and fantastic on just about anything! I am sure you have all had a taste of it by now, it has been around since the late 70’s and created by Henri Le Roux in Brittany, famous for its salted butter. Henri created a salted butter caramel with crushed nuts winning him the "Best Sweet in France" in 1980 and known as caramel au beurre salé (salted butter caramel) – thank you Henri!