Apple & Blackberry Kuchen
- BAKE: 30m
- SERVES: 12
METHOD (Makes 1 tray – 12 portions)
1. Place all the ingredients under “Dough” into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Press the dough into a greased “Swiss roll” tin measuring 30 x 20cm (12 x 8 inches) and brush all over with the beaten egg.
5. Peel, core and chop apple into small chucks.
6. Scatter the apple chucks and blackberries onto the dough.
7. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the fruit.
8. Sprinkle the almonds on top.
9. Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 30 minutes or until double in size.
10. Remove the cover and bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until well risen and deep golden brown.
“Hi Deb, Thank you so much for your very helpful and speedy reply. That has given me food for thought !! I really enjoy Wright's web site. With thanks and best wishes, ”Janice Moss
Expect a masterpiece with this excellent recipe, one you will make time and time again.