Method (Makes 1 tray – 14 portions)
1. Place the caster sugar, butter, cream cheese, orange zest and juice and mixed spice into a bowl and beat to a smooth paste.
2. Add the egg and mix well.
3. Add the bread mix, ground almonds, sultanas, dried apricots, toasted blanched almonds and mix to a soft dough with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the chopped marzipan and mix through.
5. Grease and line a tin measuring 30x20cm (12×8 inches) and pour in the stollen mix.
6. Using the back of a wet spoon level the mixture down in the tin.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 25-30 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
8. Mix the melted butter with the brandy and brush on the stollen as it is cooling.
9. Dust with icing sugar and cut into slices.