Bacon & Onion Kugelhoph
- BAKE: 30m
- SERVES: 12
METHOD – Makes 1
1. Finely chop the onion and dice the bacon. Fry until golden brown in the oil. Leave to cool.
2. Add the above plus the eggs, chopped walnuts and warm water to the mix and using 150ml of warm water make up following the instructions on the pack.
3. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, mould into balls and rest for 5 minutes.
4. Divide each dough piece into 3, mould each into a strand and plait together.
5. Place each in a greased baking tin (2lb). If desired, push the walnut halves into the dough for decoration. Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and prove in a warm place for 25-30 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Remove the cover before baking
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 230°C (450°F) gas mark 8 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown
8. Remove from tin and put on a wire tray to cool.
“Super bread. Can't stop eating it. Great texture and flavour.John Salmon
Perhaps I should have made 2 Ciabatta instead of one large one.
Still I've cut it in half and frozen some.
This looks very appealing when baked especially if you added an egg glaze to the top prior to baking for that home cooked look.