Banana, Pecan and Butterscotch Buns
- BAKE: 25
- SERVES: 9
Method (Makes 9)
1. Place the bananas into a food processor and liquidize.
2. Pour the banana puree into a measuring jug and make up to 320ml with water.
3. Place the liquid mixture, honey and bread mix into a bowl and mix to form a soft dough.
4. Knead for 5 minutes until a well-developed dough is formed.
5. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Place the butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar for the sauce into a small pan and heat until all the ingredients have melted together.
7. Stir in the chopped pecan nuts into the sauce.
8. Pour the sauce into a well lined 18-20cm square tin.
9. Mix the crème fraiche with the light soft brown sugar.
10. Roll out the dough into a rectangle and about 30x50cm.
11. Spread the crème fraiche mixture onto the dough leaving a 1cm boarder around the edge.
12. Sprinkle over the chopped pecans.
13. Roll up tightly from the longer edge, like a Swiss roll.
14. Trim the edges and cut into 9 even slices.
15. Place 3 by 3 on top of the butterscotch sauce.
16. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
17. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F Gas Mark 5) for 25 minutes until golden brown in colour.
“Hi again, Just to let you know I finally got round to testing the bread and it worked great! Thanks for you help :-) ”Robin Edwards
This is an absolutely delicious recipe and one you will bake again and again - really good for Bonfire Night parties and you can always substitute the butterscotch sauce for a caramel to ring the changes!