Carrot & Orange Cake
- BAKE: 25-30 mins
- SERVES: 12
METHOD – (Makes 1 cake).
MAKING BY HAND:
- Grease and line two sandwich tins (17.5cm).
- Place the orange pieces into a food process and blend to a pulp.
- Place all the ingredients under cake mix into a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture between the two tins.
- Bake in a preheated oven 190°C (375°F, Gas Mark 5) for 25-30 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- For the filling/topping, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and then beat in the icing sugar.
- Transfer one of the cakes onto a plate or cake stand.
- Top with half of the cream cheese filling.
- Place the other cake on top
- Spread the top of the cake with the remaining cream cheese filling.
- Sprinkle on the orange zest.
Have just tried the Carrot cake mix. It is so easy to make and probably the best I have ever tasted! Cant wait to try out the other flavours. Thank you for making cake making easy and foolproof.Julia
A lovely cake to enjoy with an orange juice all summer long! Try two teaspoons of Cointreau to the butter & cream cheese topping for a special treat.
Deb the Bread