1. Grease and line a 6 inch cake tin.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degree C or 160 for fan assisted.
3. In a bowl mix in the Madeira cake mix with orange zest, cinnamon, clove and orange extract, water and oil and mix to form a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into the cake tin and place in the oven to cook for approx. 55-60 minutes.
5. To make the icing whisk all the ingredients listed under icing until you achieve a light whipped buttercream.
6. Once the cake has baked leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out on wire rack to cool completely.
7. To decorate the cake, slice the cake horizontally, spread buttercream and sandwich. Spread buttercream all over the cake with a spatula.
8. Use a knife to achieve the pattern shown.
9. Finish off with fine orange zest and a sprinkle of round cinnamon.