Cranberry and Mango Lime Cake
- BAKE: 60m
- SERVES: 12
METHOD (Makes 1 cake – 12 portions)
1. Place the cake mix, lime zest, lime juice, flour, water and oil into a bowl.
2. Mix together to form a smooth batter.
3. Add the diced mango and cranberries and mix well.
4. Pour into a well greased or pre-lined (2lb) loaf tin.
5. Bake in a lower half of a pre-heated oven 170°C (340°F, Gas Mark 3-4) for 55-60 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
6. Remove from a tin after 5 minutes and cool on a wire tray.
7. For the “Icing”, mix the icing sugar with the lime juice to form a smooth paste and then pour over the top of the cake.
8. Finally sprinkle over the icing with the grated lime zest.
“Deb, I bought the Easy Entertaining Cookbook from you and made the Beef Stroganoff which was delicious - thanks so much. It is a fantastic collection of recipes and I cant wait to try out more from this book - great photography - happy that this was all for charity too. ”John Curley
The fruitiest fruit cake ever - best served under summer skies with cold cranberry or mango juice and a slice of lime, sublime! Deb the Bread