Cranberry and White Chocolate Kugelhopf
- BAKE: 30
- SERVES: 14
Method (Makes 1 loaf – 12 to 14 portions)
1. Grease a large bundt tin with butter and dust with flour.
2. Place the caster sugar, butter, milk, eggs and bread mix into a bowl and mix to form a soft dough/thick batter.
3. Knead for about 5-10 minutes using dusting flour as required until a well
developed dough is formed. Note the dough will be soft and quite sticky.
4. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Add the dried cranberries, white chocolate, orange zest and vanilla extract to the mix and carefully blend in.
6. Scrape the dough into the greased tin.
7. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
8. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until baked through and golden brown.
9. Allow to cool initially in the pan until it is cool enough to handle.
10. Then remove from tin and place on a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
11. Dust with icing sugar.
“I just wanted to write and let you know how "thrilled" I am with your bread and cake mixes. Until last week, I always thought making my own bread was a task beyond my capabilities! I don't have a bread machine, as previously I have tried to make my own bread and to be candid - each time was a disaster. I thought bread would be something I would always have to buy or, if I wanted that fresh home baked taste, would have to go to a specialist bread shop and pay a premium price to get "somewhere" near the home made taste. Last week, whilst in the supermarket, I saw your little packet for Cheddar & Sun Dried tomato bread - something about the wrapper made me buy it - possibly the simple line "The home of home baking" written like someone would write it on a recipe they were giving you to try at home yourself. Anyway, I took the plunge and bought it there and then. Give my previous attempts, I decided to wait until the house was empty, then on Thursday went bravely into the kitchen and following the simple, straightforward instructions, made my own bread - which was fantastic, it came out perfectly and tasted delicious. Inspired, I went back to the supermarket and bought the ginger cake mix and made that in the afternoon - again another success! In two days the bread and the ginger cake were gone - very much appreciated by both me (the easy baking and fantastic taste) and my family - who have asked me to bake another loaf and cake tomorrow - Sunday. Not sure if this is the correct email address to send this to (technology is something for younger people) but given success I have had with the bread and cake mixes wanted to share my comments with you and was inspired to have a go on the computer too! ”Susan Ennis,
This clever Kugelhopf is delicious anytime of year and can be served as a dessert in winter with custard or as a cool summer treat with cream.