- BAKE: 15m
- SERVES: 16
- Mix the water, egg and sugar together in a large bowl and add the Ciabatta mix, bring together to form a ball of dough then kneed for 3-4 mins. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge.
- Place the 200g of cold butter between 2 sheets of greased proof paper and roll out to make a square 30cm x 30cm and put back into fridge.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet 45cm x 30 cm then lay the butter on so that 2/3rd of the dough is covered. Fold the final 1/3rd over to cover the butter then fold the remaining 1/3rd over so that you get layers of dough/butter/dough/butter/dough. Cover and put back in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Put back on your worktop and roll out into a sheet 45cm x 30cm, then fold into 3 as above. Turn the dough through 90’ and repeat, then turn through a further 90’ and repeat again. (If your kitchen is warm you may need to let the dough rest in the fridge in between turns). Re-cover with cling film and place dough back in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Carefully roll out the dough into a square approx. 5mm thick and cut into squares.
- Form each piece into your desired shape, add some Crème Patisserie and an Apricot half (or whatever topping you wish), placing them on a greased baking tray, cover with a damp towel or greased cling film and leave to prove for 35-40 mins.
- Remove cover and place in preheated oven (220’c) for approx. 15 mins.
- Place on wire rack to cool and glaze with melted apricot jam.
Hello to All at Wrights, Since my husband and I retired happily we have more time to pay attention to and enjoy what we eat. My husband has become a great baker his speciality being brown bread which he cooks in a number of delicious varieties. Sometimes there are nuts and seeds added, sometimes malt extract, I could go on!! After my husbands bread, my favourite bread is Ciabatta so today for the first time I used your Ciabatta bread mix. I have tried one or two other brands before today but after sampling yours all I can say is, AMAZING!! The bread I produced, oven baked, today is, without exception, the best Ciabatta I have ever tasted. I assure you I will carry on baking with Wright's products. I am glad I "met" Wright's in my local Morrisons store! Carry on with your excellent work. Good luck and best wishes to all.ANNE CARRUTHERS.
You (and your father) will be delighted with the finished product of this recipe and please note that this was not put together by us at Wright's but by one of our home bakers namely, J.E. Nolan of Malvern.