Fig and Pecan Bread
- BAKE: 30
- SERVES: 8
METHOD (Makes 1 loaf – 8 portions)
1. Place the bread mix into a bowl with the water, treacle, butter and egg.
2. Mix to a soft dough.
3. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
4. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the fig and pecan nuts.
6. Add the figs and pecans and mix well, using flour for dusting if required.
7. Shape the dough into a round to about 20cm (8 inches) in diameter.
8. Place on a well greased baking sheet.
9. Make a diamond criss-cross pattern on top of the dough.
10. Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40-50 minutes or double in size.
11. Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle on the Demerara sugar.
12. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
“Hi Deb, your cake and bread mixes are wonderful, I have tried most of them with great success, they are so easy to make, although its getting more difficult to find them in the stores now..so I have order directly from the mill and I am just waiting for them to arrive now... Keep up the good work, and thanks once again. ”Sylvia
Delicious as well as healthy - this bread is just "Wright" anytime of day from breakfast to a supper time snack