- BAKE: 20m
- SERVES: 8
MAKING BY HAND
- Roll out the excess pastry from the Apple, Cinnamon & Raisin Tart Recipe to a thin rectangular sheet.
- Sprinkle the currants evenly over half the pastry and fold to produce a sandwich.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes and repeat above stages.
- Allow a further 5 minutes rest, roll the pastry again until the currants just start to show through the top surface, brush the surface with water and lightly dredge with castor sugar.
- Cut prepared dough into long finger biscuits and place on a greased baking tray.
- Rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) gas mark 4 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brow
“My children and I cooked up a few different varieties and made them into rolls for a barbeque. The response from guests was fantastic.”Chrissy Smith
This lovely, light pastry made from Wright's Premium White Bread Mix is superb and yields loads. Having created the lattice tart we still had ample pastry left over for yet another winning idea.