Garlic & Herb Monkey Bread
- BAKE: 30 minutes
- SERVES: 10
Method (Makes 2 loaves)
1. Cut the top off the garlic bulbs and place onto a foil lined baking tray.
2. Drizzle with some olive oil and wrap tightly with the foil. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 180°C (360°C, Gas Mark 4) until soft.
3. Allow to cool and then squeeze the garlic flesh into a bowl. Add the olive oil and herbs and mix well.
4. Place the bread mix and water into a bowl and mix to form a soft dough.
5. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
6. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Grease and line 2 small cake/loaf tins or 1 large loaf tin.
8. Divide the dough into about 45-55 small rounds.
9. Dip each piece of dough into the olive oil mixture draining of the excess.
10. Randomly place the dipped dough rounds into the bottom of the loaf tin, repeating until you have a full layer of dough.
11. Repeat step 10 until you have used up all the dough and formed another layer.
12. Repeat step 10 and 11 filling up the second loaf tin, if using two tins.
13. Pour any remaining oil mixture over the two loaves.
14. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40-50 minutes or until double in size.
15. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F Gas Mark 6) for 30 minutes until golden brown in colour.
16. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then give it a sharp tap on the kitchen surface.
17. Leave until just warm and then turn out onto a serving plate.
“Thank you very much for sending me another Calendar. I am pleased to receive it as it gives me some ideas as to what to make with the cake and bread mixes I purchase. They are so easy to use and the instructions are very clear. Many thanks again. ”Maureen Hillsdon
Just the job to take to a barbeque! Can be made with our Garlic & Rosemary Focaccia with little effort too - a real conversation piece!
Deb the Bread