Grape and Walnut Bread
- BAKE: 30
- SERVES: 8
METHOD (Makes 1 loaf – 8 portions)
1. Place all the ingredients under “Dough” into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile mix the grapes, sugar and the rosemary together.
5. Divide the dough and mould each one into an 20cm (8 inches) round, using dusting flour if required.
6. Place a round onto a baking sheet and place a third of the filling in the middle.
7. Place the second round on top and seal.
8. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle the remaining grape and walnut mixture.
9. Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately one hour or until double in size.
10. Remove the cover and bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until well risen and deep golden brown.
“Hello Deb Hope you are well and all set for Christmas. It's all go here in Lincolnshire what with the snow and all that. But winter will soon pass and spring will be here. What would I do without my Wright's Flour mixes and the Panasonic during this bad weather. Slow cooked casseroles and freshly baked bread - Yummy Heaven. Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year. Looking forward to the next newsletter - Warmest regards ”Sarjit Collins
This delicious loaf can be cut and presented around a melted camembert or brie cheese for a superb starter.