Ham, Apple and Cider Loaf
- BAKE: 30m
- SERVES: 12
Method (Makes 2 loaves)
1. Place the bread mix and cider into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Add the filling and mix into the dough well, using dusting flour as required.
5. Divide the dough into two pieces, mould round and place into two greased loaf/cake tins.
6. Sprinkle over the top with mixed seeds.
7. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
8. Remove the cover and bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until well risen.
“Thought I’d just take the time to compliment you on your mixed grain bread mix .. I tried it for the first time this weekend and was really pleased and impressed with the resulting loaf. So quick and simple to make, even by hand .. will definitely be trying again. It may be a small thing, but your 500g pack size is such a sensible idea ... just the right size for a loaf! Best regards, ”Mike Cornelius
These loaves are perfect served with a Ploughman's Lunch and a quantity of pickle!