Honey and Mint Muffins
- BAKE: 20 - 25 minutes
- SERVES: 12
- Place all the ingredients under syrup in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
2. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
3. Strain through a sieve and discard the mint leaves.
4. Place all the ingredients under cake into a bowl and mix to a smooth batter, beating for 1-2 minutes.
5. Line a standard 12 hole muffin tray tin with paper cases and divide the mixture between them.
6. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 20-25 minutes.
7. Heat all the ingredients under topping up in a small saucepan stirring constantly until the honey and butter have melted, but do not allow to boil.
8. Remove the cakes from the oven and prick the tops with a skewer and spoon over the mint syrup, allowing it to soak in well.
9. Apply the topping mixture and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the almonds are lightly brown.
10. Cool in tins for 15 minutes and serve warm.
Hi, I am a great fan of your baking mixes, I have never called myself a baker until I tried your cake mixes - they are so easy to use and for me totally bomb proof lol I get fab results every time! Kind regards,Margaret Armour
Lovely to enjoy on summer evenings as they are best served warm - perfect with a Pimms or Prosecco! Deb the Bread