Mini Mite Loaves
- BAKE: 18m
- SERVES: 12
Method (Makes 12)
1. Place the water, marmite, molasses, yeast and bread mix into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, mould round and place into 12 greased mini loaf tins.
5. Lightly dampen the top of each loaf piece with water and sprinkle over the oats.
6. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place overnight (24 hours) to double in size. Please note the dough pieces take extra time to rise.
7. Remove the cover and bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 15-18 minutes until well risen.
“Just want to thank you for creating the best bread mix on the market! I've been using your Mixed Grain Bread Mix for quite some time, but because of illness didn't have time to buy in a supply before Christmas. I've just baked my first loaf of this afternoon, and want you to know that it beats every ready-baked product I used for convenience over Christmas. I do it the old-fashioned way - by hand - and the comfort of that, and the wonderful aroma in the kitchen was so worth waiting for. ”Maggie Barnes
These are delightfully different and very interesting to create. Due to the presence of the yeast extract, the dough requires extra yeast and a much longer rising period - they are worth waiting for!