Method (Makes 1 loaf – 10 portions)
1. Place all the ingredients under dough into a bowl and mix to form a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Grease a large bundt tin (25cm) with some of the melted butter for the filling.
5. Spoon 2 tbsps of the melted butter into the bottom of the bundt tin.
6. In a medium sized bowl, mix the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and sugar together.
7. Sprinkle 3 tbsps of the spice and sugar mixture and 4 tbsps of chopped pecans into the bottom of the bundt tin.
8. Divide the dough into about 65 small rounds.
9. Dip each piece of dough into the melted butter, draining off the excess and then coat in the spiced sugar mixture.
10. Randomly place in the bottom of the bundt tin until you have a full layer of dough.
11. Scatter on the rest of the chopped pecans on top.
12. Repeat step 10 until you have used up all the dough and formed another layer.
13. Sprinkle on any left over spiced sugar mix.
14. Cover and leave in a warm place for approximately 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
15. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F Gas Mark 5) for 30-35 minutes until golden brown in colour.
16. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then give it a sharp tap on the kitchen surface.
17. Leave until just warm and then turn out onto a serving plate.
18. Whisk all the ingredients together under glaze. Drizzle over the monkey bread and serve.