METHOD (Makes 1 pudding – 6 portions)
1. Beat the butter and sugar for the topping together until creamy.
2. Spread evenly over the inside of a 900ml (1 ½ pint) microwaveable pudding bowl.
3. Arrange the pineapple rings on top(?at the base and around) and place a cherry in the centre of the rings.
4. Place the cake mix, vegetable oil and pineapple juice in a bowl and mix well with a fork.
5. Add the crushed pineapple and chopped walnuts and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the bowl carefully without disrupting the pineapple slices.
7. Cover with cling film and make two or three steam holes in it.
8. Using the microwave, cook on full power for the time recommended using the table below as a guide*.
9. Remove the pudding from the microwave and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
10. Tip the pudding onto a warm plate and serve immediately with custard.
* MICROWAVE COOKING TIMES
*As appliances may vary, these cooking times are for guidance only.
Power 800-850 Watt. Set on full power for 6 minutes
Power 700-750 Watt. Set on full power for 6½ minutes
Power 600-650 Watt. Set on full power for 7 minutes