METHOD (Makes 2 units – 16 portions)
1. Place the dried fruit and tea into a bowl and soak for 30minutes.
2. Place all the ingredients under dough into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
3. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
4. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Drain the fruit well and discard the tea.
6. Add the fruit to the dough and mix well, using flour for dusting as required.
7. Divide the dough into 16 portions and roll into buns.
8. Take 2 greased and lined 20cm sandwich tins.
9. Place 8 buns in each tin
10. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled polythene and leave in a warm place for about 40-50 minutes or until double in size.
11. Bake in a preheated oven 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
12. For the “Icing”, mix the icing sugar with the water to form a smooth paste and then drizzle over the top of the cake as per illustration.