Potato & Herb Focaccia
- PREP: 50 minutes
- BAKE: 25-30 minutes
- SERVES: 12
(Makes 1 tray – 12 portions)
1. Peel and cut the baking potato into small cubes.
2. Place onto a baking tray and add the crushed garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Roast for 30-40 minutes until just soft. Allow to cool and discard the garlic.
4. Place the water, chopped herbs, cooled potato cubes and bread mix into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
5. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
6. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Press the dough into a greased shallow baking tray measuring 30x20cm.
8. Thinly slice the salad potatoes and scatter on top of the dough.
9. Sprinkle over the rosemary and thyme.
10. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 30 minutes or until double in size.
11. Remove the cover and drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle the rock salt on top.
12. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until well risen and deep golden brown in colour.
I frequently buy and make your bread mix (by hand as I don't own a bread maker). I enjoy all the varieties as do my family. I felt I just wanted to let you know how enjoyable they are and I recommend to all my friends. Keep up the good work. Thanks,Mrs. Marie Sturrock
If you love to bake, why not indulge your passion with our lovely light Ciabatta and create this perfectly tasty Potato & Herb Focaccia. Deb the Bread