Savoury Garlic, Tomato & Onion Wreath.
- PREP: 15 minutes
- BAKE: 25-30 mins
- SERVES: 9
- Place the bread mix and water into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
- Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
- Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Make up the stuffing with the boiling water and then add the chopped onion, tomato and tomato puree and mix well
- Roll the dough out into an oblong about 45 x 28cm.
- Spread the filling over the dough leaving a 1cm gap from the longer edges.
- Roll the dough from one of the long edges into a tight cylinder, and then bring two ends together to form a ring.
- Place a large lined baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut incisions around the dough about 3cm apart, going quite close to the centre but not cutting right through, into a sunburst pattern.
- Pull each piece of dough out a little and push it down onto one side exposing the Swiss roll pattern and creating a fan shape around the edge of the wreath.
- Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes or until double in size.
- Brush carefully with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until well risen.
Hi Debs We would just like to congratulate you on your Premium White Bread mix and Wholemeal. We have tried many different brands and are pleased to say yours has been the best every time. Many thanksJim & Carol Mortimer
This bread is full of flavour with the stuffing mix incorporated in with all the marvellous Mediterranean tastes and not only produces a wonderful looking wreath but it is drop dead gorgeous in both tastes, texture and eye appeal. One you will do again and again - Deb the Bread.