- PREP: 50 minutes
- BAKE: 20 minutes
- SERVES: 18
METHOD (Makes 16 – 20)
- Make up dough using given ingredients, develop well.
- Divide into 16/20 pieces, cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each dough ball out to a 25cm (10 inch) string and roll round each frankfurter.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and prove in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove cover and egg wash before baking in a preheated oven at 220°C, (425°F, Gas Mark 7) for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
And for after …….
I just wanted to say a big thank you for your advice about very uneven bread. I put a tablespoon of oil in and kept it on 1 hour 55 min programme but put it on a dark finish and it has come out perfect. Thanks for your prompt reply.Linda B.
Great for barbeques, bonfire night, picnics and lunch boxes. Great fun for kids to do. This versatile recipe was kindly submitted by our home baker Mrs. Beverstock of Pontypool. Deb the Bread