1. Make up the coffee with 75ml boiling water and add the chopped dried figs to soak for 30 minutes. Then use a hand blender or small processor to form a paste.
2. Place the cake mix, water, ground hazelnuts and natural yoghurt into a bowl and mix together for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth batter.
3. Add the chopped figs and coffee paste to the mix, then pour into a well greased pre-lined large loaf tin.
4. Bake in a lower half of a preheated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3-4) for approximately 55-60 minutes. Remove from tin after 5 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
5. Place the butter, vanilla paste and icing sugar into a bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the cream cheese and blend till smooth.
6. Transfer the cooled cake onto a chopping board and cut the cake into three equal layers horizontally.
7. Trim the top of the cake so it will sit flat when inverted on a plate.
8. Spread the bottom layer with 2 tbsps of jam and some of the icing. Place the middle layer on top and spread with icing and jam. Place the top layer onto the cake.
9. Using a pallet knife cover the entire cake with a very thin layer of the icing.
10. Chill for 30 minutes with the remainder of the icing.
11. Decorate the cake with the remaining icing, using a pallet knife to create smooth edges.
12. Thinly slice the figs and place down the middle of the cake overlapping as you go.
13. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and drizzle with the caramel sauce.