Spinach Cheese & Walnut Wreath
- PREP: 50 minutes
- BAKE: 25-30 minutes
- SERVES: 12
(Makes 1 ring – 12 portions)
1. Place the bread mix, walnuts, red onion and water into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Pierce the bag of spinach and microwave on medium for 1-2 minutes.
5. Roll the dough out into an oblong about 45 x 28cm.
6. Sprinkle over the microwaved spinach and grated cheese.
7. Roll the dough from one of the long edges into a tight cylinder, then bring two ends together to form a ring.
8. Place a large lined baking sheet.
9. Using a sharp knife, cut incisions around the dough about 3cm apart, going quite close to the centre but not cutting right through, into a sunburst pattern.
10. Pull each piece of dough out a little and push it down onto one side exposing the Swiss roll pattern and creating a fan shape around the edge of the wreath.
11. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
12. Brush carefully with the beaten egg.
13. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes.
"Hi, I just wanted to tell you how good your Premium White Bread Mix is. I have successfully used it in my bread maker many times but last weekend I baked a loaf by hand using this mix, I can honestly say it made the biggest homemade loaf I have ever seen, it was enormous! My family could not believe it was handmade, it was really light in texture and tasted delicious. I will definitely be hand baking with this mix again also trying some of your other mixes by hand."Denise Dutson
This is also good with melt in the mouth mozzarella or goats cheese if preferred. Deb the Bread