Stilton & Parsnip Tear & Share
- PREP: 25 minutes
- BAKE: 25-30 Minutes
- SERVES: 12
(Makes 1 tray – 12 portions)
1. Place the bread mix into a bowl with the milk and parsnips and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead for 5 minutes until a well-developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Place the dough onto a clean surface and add the beaten egg,
5. Chop the dough and mix in the beaten egg as you are chopping.
6. Add the bacon and half of the Stilton and mix through.
7. Grease and line a tin measuring 30x20cm and dollop in the bread mixture.
8. Sprinkle the remaining Stilton and the pumpkin seeds on top.
9. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
10. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
"Ooh, I must tell you this. Last weekend for the first time I tried Wrights Premium White Bread Mix and I can honestly say that I have never tasted such lovely white bread. I should rather like to claim full responsibility for this myself, but I really can’t do that because the quality of the finished product is all down to the mix. Many thanks to you and your colleagues for such reliable, quality products. Best wishes,"Angela Gilbert
Fantastic flavours here and non-lovers of Stilton can substitute another cheese such as mozzarella or Cheddar - it's all part of the beauty of baking at home! Deb the Bread