Sunflower, Oat and Ale Loaf
- BAKE: 30m
- SERVES: 12
Method (Makes 2 loaves)
1. Place the bread mix, ale, sunflower seeds and treacle into a bowl and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until a well-developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into two pieces, mould into rounds and place into two greased loaf/cake tins.
5. Place the rye flour and ale into a bowl and mix to a smooth paste.
6. Spread the paste over the two loaves and sprinkle on the jumbo oats.
7. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
8. Remove the cover and bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F, Gas Mark 6) for 25-30 minutes.
“Thank you, goods arrived this morning it's like you have a friend in the kitchen with you. ”Vivien
Let's dispell that common misconception that 'healthy' foods lack flavour and quality - this loaf is "ale" and hearty - filling and flavoursome.