Sweet Potato, Coconut & Pecan Cake
- BAKE: 55-60 minutes
- SERVES: 12
1. Place the cake mix, water, oil, desiccated coconut, chopped pecans and grated sweet potato into a bowl.
2. Mix together to form a smooth batter.
3. Pour into a well greased or pre-lined loaf tin.
4. Bake in a lower half of a preheated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3) for approximately 55-60 minutes.
5. Remove from tin after 5 minutes and cool on a wire tray.
6. Mix the icing sugar with a 1-2 tbsps of water to form a thick but slightly runny icing.
7. Pour the icing on top of the cake.
8. Sprinkle on the toasted coconut.
Hi I'm a fan of wrights cake mixes, and use all of the range. I often take a cake to work, and the question I'm asked is did you make it?. Well my answer is "YES". I did bake it with a little help from Wrights. So I'm looking forward to the new range.Shirley Baker
Just days after we posted this recipe on our website, our member Margaret McGechie had made this saying, “it is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Hubby says it might last till tomorrow! Deb the Bread