Tangerine & Almond Muffins
- PREP: 15 minutes
- BAKE: 20 - 22 minutes
- SERVES: 12
Recipes : Wright’s Flour
1. Peel each satsuma/tangerine then cut into 8 pieces – deseed if necessary and place them into a processor and blend to produce a pulp.
2. Place all the ingredients under cake into a bowl and mix to a smooth batter, beating for 1-2 minutes.
3. Line a standard 12 hole muffin tray tin with paper cases and divide the mixture between them.
4. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the muffins.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 20-22 minutes.
6. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool.
7. Core out the centre of the muffin using an apple corer.
8. Place the marmalade into a piping bag with a large plain nozzle.
9. Insert the nozzle into the centre of the muffin and squeeze in the marmalade.
I would like to say how much the family and I have enjoyed your recent addition to the range of cake mixes and bread flours. The Orange cake mix is excellent and has proven a real winner here. Also, of all the bread flours I have received, the Oat and Linseed is by far the best. I was away for a week and had to endure shop bought granary loaves. There is no comparison and I now realise that I will have to bake some Oat and Linseed loaves to take away with me on my next holiday (plus some cakes of course!) Once again many thanks for an excellent service and quality of your goods. It won't be long before another order is on its way to you.Dr. E.J. Roberts
These are absolutely delicious made with our Madeira mix - for a more orange taste to accompany the marmalade filling, you could also make these with our Orange Cake Mix. Deb the Bread