- BAKE: 10
- SERVES: 12
Method (Makes 12)
1. Place bread mix, cinnamon, sugar, butter and milk into a bowl and mix to form a soft dough.
2. Knead well for 5 minutes until well developed dough is formed.
3. Cover loosely with polythene and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Add the sultanas and mixed peel to the dough and mix well, using dusting flour as required.
5. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into a ball.
6. Using a rolling pin, flatten each ball to about 1cm thick.
7. Place on 2-3 lined baking trays, spacing well apart.
8. Pierce each teacake all over with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
9. Cover with a damp tea towel, lightly oiled plastic or polythene and leave in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
10. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C (390°F Gas Mark 6) for 10 minutes until golden brown in colour.
“I just joined your club, I have bought your product and can’t rave about it anymore it is the best thing I have ever bought, I should be on a commission as I buy it for friends as they are so flabbergasted when I tell them about your product as they all think it is shop bought cake. Never failed to make a great cake yet, I am not the best baker in the world but never had such good ready made ingredients. Thank you for this brill product my cupboard always has at least two of the flour products in it, so when visitors come round I can just whisk up some cupcakes of the loaf tin cake. Looking forward to trying more of your products and recipes. ”Vivian McIlhargey
These terrific Teacakes are delicious served warm with butter - they also freeze well once completely cooled.