METHOD (Makes 12 – 15)
1. Mix together all the ingredients under “Cake” to form a batter – beat for 2 minutes.
2. Using a wide piping nozzle or spoon, pipe or spoon the mixed onto a large lined baking tray in walnut size balls, about 3-4cm (1-2 inches) apart.
3. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 4) for 12-14 minutes until soft and springy on top.
4. Leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring onto a wire tray.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the remaining mixture.
6. For the “Filling”, heat the milk and marshmallow in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring, until smooth. Then leave to cool.
7. Beat the butter until soft and creamy and then gradually beat into the marshmallow mixture until smooth.
8. Sandwich two whoopie cakes together with a tablespoon of the filling.
9. For the “Topping”, mix the icing sugar, cocoa powder and water together to achieve a smooth icing.
10. Spread a little icing onto each whoopie pie and decorate with sprinkles.
11. Once filled they will keep for 24 hours.